Corina’s go-to pie recipe for the holiday season. What can be better than chocolate and brandy?
Pecan Brandy Chocolate Pie
- 2 - 9 inch Pastry Shells
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1 cup Molasses
- 1 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
- 3/4 cup St. Remy Brandy or Bourbon
- 12 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- 4 oz Dark Chocolate
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 cup Pecans - finely chopped
- 1 cup Whole Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Thaw pastry shell according to instructions on package.
- In a medium saucepan combine butter, Molasses, coconut sugar, and salt. Cook and stir over medium high heat until well blended together. Turn heat up and gently boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Add the Vanilla and Brandy when the mixture is COOLED.
- Press each pastry shells into a pie pan.
- Spread in single layer the chocolate pieces on the bottom of each shell.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs until frothy and fold in chopped pecans and the cooled filling mixture.
- Pour half of the filling mixture into each shell and bake for 4- 45 minutes. After 30 min or earlier if needed Cover the edges with aluminum foil to prevent the edges from burning. Let it cool room temperature.
- Serve with Brandy laced Whipped Cream
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!