This is without a doubt the most delicious mashed potatoes with wine and goat cheese that we ever tried. Tangy, sweet, buttery, creamy with touch of thyme…just heaven! The thyme gives it a little minty flavor that compliments the slight tartness of the goat cheese and wine.You can serve this creamy deliciousness along grilled meats or vegetables, however right now we adore it with braised meats like our Santa Barbara Slow Cooked Beef with herbs or with a comforting Mediterranean Meatloaf. Add a side of steamed vegetables, like broccoli, for a complete dinner menu. If you prefer to have a vegetarian menu, then a nice creamy vegetable sauce can soak into this potato goodness.
Mashed Potatoes with Wine & Goat Cheese
- 3 pounds Potatoes - peeled and quartered
- 2 cups White Wine - Chardonnay
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream or Half & Half
- 1 Tbsp Sea Salt or more to taste
- 3 Tbsp Butter - room temperature
- 3 Tbsp Creamy Goat Cheese like Chèvre
- 2 Thyme Sprigs - leaves removed
- Peel and cut potatoes. In a large pot boil potatoes in white wine, water and salt. Cook about 25 to 30 minutes.
- When they become fork tender pour off the wine water and with a potato masher do a mini work out and mash them until very, very creamy.
- Return pot to the stove and over medium heat continue to stir. Add the cream,butter, goat cheese and thyme leaves and with a wooden spoon stir it all together. Continue to stir until the mashed potatoes start to bubble.
- Taste and if need it add some more salt.
These Mashed Potatoes with Wine & Goat Cheese will spoil you!