Summer in a glass if you have fresh, ripe, juicy peaches… In the winter we make this decadent Bellini bubbly cocktail with peach puree. This Venetian classic was created by Giuseppe Cipriani, who opened the world renowned Harry’s Bar in 1931. Perhaps you wondering why not call this lovely cocktail a Cipriani? Well the story goes that when Giuseppe first made his famous cocktail the Venetian sun was just setting and the glorious colors reminded him of his favorite painting done by Giovanni Bellini.
So there you have a little story to tell to your guests on your next Party. This Bellini cocktail makes a great start to an outdoor summer party with fresh fruit flavors and a light fizz from the Prosecco. You can make it with other sparkling wines if you prefer to and other fruits as well.
Photo source unknown.
- 3 ripe White Peaches
- 1 bottle Prosecco - well chilled
- 1 tall glass Pitcher
- Slice in halve your washed white peaches and remove the stones. Place in a blender and blitz for a few seconds until nice smooth. If you prefer not to use a blender you can also mash the peaches through a sieve, but make sure you push through the skin as well for their beautiful color.
- Transfer the puree into a glass pitcher and then pour 3/4 of your Prosecco into the pitcher an stir gently.
- Pour Bellini into 6 Champagne flutes or tall slim glasses and top of with the rest of the Prosecco. You can garnish with thinly sliced peaches
- You can also make individual servings: just pour peach puree into the glass and slowly add the Prosecco. Stir gently and pour a little on the top and garnish
- Cin Cin
PERFECT MATCH: “The Tourist” movie starring Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp. Most of the movie plays in the glorious location of Venice Italy.